View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 02, 2024 10:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Legion Types 

As the legion system has been utalized for a while now, I noticed some similarities in legions. Hopefully the information I post here can help new players understand what potential legions they have access to. Although a legion member can do any of these types, the list here is to distinguish focus groups. Other types exist, but will still fall under these categories. And if there is any suggestions, feel free to post.

PVP: players join PVP legions to back up status as someone who fights other players frequently. fights others, plain and simple.

NPC: although barely capable at lower levels (and almost godly at high levels) players join this type to increase access to boss NPC's through legion shares. This allows better access to rarer modules and buildings.

Protection: mostly the opposite of PVP legions, is formed of players who join to prevent being attacked. When attacked, they most likely will come to the aid of a legion share.

Stat: is ostly formed of players who only intend to join for gaining the planetary bonus. Not likely to have much control over members, but are not expected to come to your aid. good for soloists.

Friendly: I assume more common to find in mid-sized legions (approx 15 to 30), these legions focus on teamwork. most likely to legion share everything: planets, artifacts, enemies, etc.

Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:36 pm

Great post, thanks!

Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:25 pm

Very nice indeed. But there are many variations of PvP. Not all PvP legions fight "frequently." We fight quietly and strategically.

Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:02 pm

This is true, for example, the legion im in is a Friendly Protection PvP Legion, we qualify for 3 of them, we bring members in that need protection, we frequently pvp, and we are always shareing artifacts, planets, and enemys (of coarse to PvP). We are pretty balanced between the 3, even though we sell ourselves as a PvP Legion. If you would like to join my legion it is Dark Angels.

http://apps.facebook.com/galaxylegion/l ... 9uaWQ9ODY1

Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:55 am

protection=pvp. There really isn't any reason to distinguish when PVP is pretty much optional when you don't take on offensive maneuvers in the first place. Just cloak and play nice. In reality they won't (aren't supposed to) protect you in most instances when it is actually necessary. Protection assumes dominance as well.

My group is pro-PVP, but there is probably a planet a day shared for invasion that makes you wish you had an open planet slot... and a flux. You don't even need to look at your ship's log when your first page of planets has a new invasion prospect every day. My only strategy with that has been to use fluxes VERY conservatively. Last week I had five terras producing 100 units/hour instead of 250 because of an unwillingness to use fluxes. It is a weird problem to have. I would really only consider fluxing something that was very large and 3x mega rich or better. It is sad to realize that invading something without fluxing it is pointless 80% of the time since you get jack crap out of it in terms of resources when your defense even has a chance at defending against someone your own level. I've shared some nice planets too, but it is insane to see what other people are willing to flux. PVP groups surely have better planets tossed around. I usually share the planets I lose just to make an opponent use a flux on it later, then it is a free purge or hopefully something a slightly lower level is willing to flux. Planet liquidity worked for me in the past, now it is just insane what I pass up because of the lack of fluxes. I had a legion of 200 and there are 5 times as many good planets to invade when compared to before the update, and barely anyone to jump on them.

Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:06 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]