View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jun 06, 2024 6:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Galactic Armada supports Spamming of their enemies. 

comaface wrote:
If my fighter class in an RPG levels up and I put a bunch of points into 'strength' or some other attribute, does that fall under your umbrella of what constitutes spam?

if you want to quote that off the base definition, it is the repeated use of same action so ye it would be spam, however this is away from my argument which was simply that anyone that calls anyone else an arti spammer should look at what they are doing in their daily GL things. Arti spam in this game is either a misnomer, or the people that call others arti spammers are hypocrites.

Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:13 pm

elerian wrote:
comaface wrote:
If my fighter class in an RPG levels up and I put a bunch of points into 'strength' or some other attribute, does that fall under your umbrella of what constitutes spam?

if you want to quote that off the base definition, it is the repeated use of same action so ye it would be spam, however this is away from my argument which was simply that anyone that calls anyone else an arti spammer should look at what they are doing in their daily GL things. Arti spam in this game is either a misnomer, or the people that call others arti spammers are hypocrites.

Or I'll stick with my third option, and continue to suggest that you've stretched the definition of spam so far beyond its generally accepted limits that it now covers everything from upgrading your stats to potentially just playing video games, thus obliterating any significance the term would normally hold and revealing your charge of hypocrisy to have been based on a false equivalence.

Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:08 pm

I dropped 100 emps on a target last night.. FUN!!

Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:25 pm

whats the residual math on 100 emps? lol....

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:23 am

juiceman wrote:
whats the residual math on 100 emps? lol....

D' = D * (.9^100)

In other words,

[20:40] Wredz: just hacked a massive extremely rich minting planet from someone.. thats the best planet i ever hacked
[20:43] DarthFlagitious: is it spearmint or peppermint?

Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:35 am
Profile WWW

comaface wrote:
Or I'll stick with my third option, and continue to suggest that you've stretched the definition of spam so far beyond its generally accepted limits that it now covers everything from upgrading your stats to potentially just playing video games, thus obliterating any significance the term would normally hold and revealing your charge of hypocrisy to have been based on a false equivalence.

and from what i understand your stance is that this :
30 permanent positive effect artifacts is not spamming
but this :
30 temporary negative effect artifacts is spamming

unless you want to clear that up.

Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:36 pm

elerian wrote:
comaface wrote:

and from what i understand your stance is that this :
30 permanent positive effect artifacts is not spamming
but this :
30 temporary negative effect artifacts is spamming

unless you want to clear that up.

No, you've summed it up pretty nicely.

Permanently upgrading your stats ≠ spam
Throwing a boatload of temporary debuffs at your opponent = spam

Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:52 pm

then under that assessment its not the repetative action that makes it spam, its the fact that either its detrimental, temporary, or that somone else is doing it.

Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:17 pm

i think the easy and what seemed obvious colloquial use of spam was something detrimental to others.... if you do something to help yourself ..well that is expected , reasonable and part of NORMAL daily ship growth

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:04 am

spam is literally just a representative use of the same action, thats really all it is, though the concept does carry a negative connotation, the problem with ascribing to this definition :
juiceman wrote:
i think the easy and what seemed obvious colloquial use of spam was something detrimental to others.

is that then setting any kind of trap other than a halc is an attempt to spam people.

Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:09 am

Spam

Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2