View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jun 06, 2024 12:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Looking to start a brand new legion from the ground up. 

So defensive when I wasn't directing my comment at your legion :|

By far the most guilty person here for never ending recruitment post bumping and claims of awesomeness goes to a certain ex Dyso player :p

Also to be fair, there are a dozen legions who could jump into the top 30 if a certain energy trader pays them a small visit.

That's meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:50 pm

DarkMar wrote:
theire is a small difrence Stevo2012....

the fallen have.... Members: 59 (100% active)
and 11 of those are rank 1000+

your main weakness is the huge difrence in ranks in legion, as that makes sharing NPC harder
but if you can keep everyone active, you might even make it to top 10 someday

most new legions that start up, doesnt even get to the point where you are now
but simply die out due to lack of members and players going inactive

im sorry, a small difference between what?

Galaxy Top Players - Rank:#17 Research:#10 Battles:#7 Kills:#19 Hacks:#9 Raids:#3

Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:51 pm

Y'all guys got Steve all fired up, hes on too much crack, best leave him alone for a few hours :|

Click below to join us and we will rise together!

Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:01 pm

stevo2012 wrote:

the fallen and a Rank 580 player with 10k energy. trying to start a new legion

Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:14 pm

Tree7304 wrote:
It also doesn't sound like fun trying to make a legion that might make it on the top 50 a year or 2 from now when instead you can join an established legion and try to take it to the next level. Like a certain top 40 legion? Join it and try to get it to top 20. You'll make friends.

Why would I leave a top 10 legion for TF?

Anyhow. Thanks for all the advice everyone, I guess I'll keep my guns holstered and my vault sealed for a while.

Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:34 pm

Ill take that as a compliment that you took Trees comment as TF. There are other legions in that range that also advertise on the forums. Ive personally talked too, visited and seen through the BG chats several legions in the 25-40 rank/strength range that are also very active and capable. Of particular note is the quiet IoT on the forums. I find theyre quite the standout in their rank and strength range in the aspects of activeness, capabilities, friendliness and interest in hooliganry.

Click below to join us and we will rise together!

Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:51 pm

Wait.. you're not talking about Tryptophonix bunch of footballing jokers, are you?

Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:47 pm

Zaprito wrote:
Wait.. you're not talking about Tryptophonix bunch of footballing jokers, are you?

You mean Triptykon, right?

Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:01 pm

DarkMar wrote:
stevo2012 wrote:

the fallen and a Rank 580 player with 10k energy. trying to start a new legion

erm, yes, I dont think at any point did I say they were similar lol, my comment was directed at Tree suggesting TF was a legion constantly posting on the forums that they're "rising" up the leaderboards when really we're not. My point was that over the course of the last 8 months, Id say we have risen to prominence quite nicely. And we have no energy traders here.

Galaxy Top Players - Rank:#17 Research:#10 Battles:#7 Kills:#19 Hacks:#9 Raids:#3

Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:22 pm

Zaprito wrote:
Tree7304 wrote:
It also doesn't sound like fun trying to make a legion that might make it on the top 50 a year or 2 from now when instead you can join an established legion and try to take it to the next level. Like a certain top 40 legion? Join it and try to get it to top 20. You'll make friends.

Why would I leave a top 10 legion for TF?

Anyhow. Thanks for all the advice everyone, I guess I'll keep my guns holstered and my vault sealed for a while.

Also I don't think Tree was suggesting join TF at all, I think he was suggesting joining a legion in the top 40 that you like, as oppose to struggling by on your own.

Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:23 pm

If i started a new legion today, would anyone join?

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:35 pm

juiceman wrote:

But how would we be able to find you to join?

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=41172&p=418403#p418403 <---Ship log

Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:16 pm

juiceman wrote:

if I was legion-less, yes, or if you had copious amounts of crack. Although, il be honest, id probably leave once said crack was consumed... :geek:

Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:03 pm

Well, knowing your hooked, wed offer first hit free, then strig you along Steve!

In answer to legion question...i'd post brief excerpt here :)

Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:11 pm

juiceman wrote:

No don't leave us. TWH wouldn't be the same without you.

Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:01 am

juiceman wrote:

it all comes down to what crew you put together juiceman...
a rank 1500+ or even rank 2000+ legion with ultra active members, who are al interested in getting a high+ chance on all LM worth doing, hunting NPC, killing bases, and doing as mutch PvP as posible would be a tempting legion to join for a lot of high rank players, myself included...

but to make that you would more or less have to get 60% the top 100 players to join you

Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:03 am

Dark,

Very true. But would be curious how many would join a legion with 7-8 1300+ ranks and a crew of mid ranks right from the jump. Any new legion would obviously have a road before it for legion mission success----you could definitely do tasks but no way to count on relic badges. Bases in my exp havent been an issue for finding for locks. Build to 4-5 isn;t too hard for a few high ranks to do quickly. It's always a risky thing.

ALong with many others I have helped start a legion from 3-4 people to max. Lot is word of mouth and gathering good people up front willing to take a hit for a while to have long term gain. I'd say EOTS is the prime example. It rose in 9 months to #2 iirc or maybe #1. Tree was a sprig when it launched. But your point is well taken.

As far as top 100 players..hard to say whom that is. PRolly 1-2 ships in every top 50 legion are very worthwhile, with top 20 having maybe half a dozen or more strong ships and any number of decent ones that do missions and participate. From what ive seen in Cosa, PA, TWH and other places is-- a lot of mid ranks with a few high ranks can do quite well in all ventures--up to and including lm. Its better to have a 40 person legion all active then 60 with half collecting or no showing.

Appreciate the feedback :).

Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:46 am

if it was the right 7-8 rank 1300+ players, I would be happy to join and help build up a new legion the ground up.
byt that small handfull of players I'm thinking about, are already leaders/officers in 6 to 8 other legions, and will proberly stay theire until those Legions go inactive or the game close down

when it comes to Legion mission, we have a success rate of around 80%+ here in Galactic Paladins, but getting a crew together that can pull that off takes time
if you know the missions, and have 40+ active members that can finish theire tasks - you can get most of them to a high chance.
high rank helps in this, but it more about having active members who are willing to do a "bad" Task sometimes to increase everyons chance to get as many Relic badges as posible
take Encounter at Nabai as an example, I have done Task 1 Retrieve Exodrone Specimens, 6 out of the 7 times we have had this mission, to make sure we get it opened up in time to give the players on task 2 and 3 a fair chance to finish those before time runs out

and top 100..... well, if you are making a rank 2100+ Legion, you only have 41 players who fit that rank minimum :)
but I agrey, rank alone doesnt do it....
so presisly who that top 100 is, depends on what aspect of the game you are looking at
what I would look for, if I was picking members for a new legion would be extramly active players, able to do every aspect of the game, killing NpC, PvP, base attacks and even High energy LM tasks, where you need to spendt 20K energy on artifact use and gain 0 exp from it
but most of those already have strong ties to other legions, so the chance of recruding them is basickly 0%

the Main problem with High, Mid and low rank members in the same legion is NPC alerts
I rember when I was back in Delta surfers 1 year ago, to help with a few planet upgrades and they were only 5 players who could see the Clusters I shared....felt like sutch a wast killing them with only 5 members on them :(
and it the same problem for low rank members with Hives and other boss/elite NPC that end at rank 600 or 1000
and lets just say, the only thing I'll miss about Sha'din Hypergrid when I go past rank 2000 are the easy CTP's they give
you can make it work if you have enougth members in each category, but NPC hunting turning Bad, due to to few members beeing able to see what I share, have been a major factor every time I have changed legion

Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:27 am

juiceman wrote:
Well, knowing your hooked, wed offer first hit free, then strig you along Steve!

In answer to legion question...i'd post brief excerpt here :)

im in. :D

Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:49 pm

I'd follow juiceman anywhere, but I doubt he'd have me.

Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next