View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jun 11, 2024 11:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Artifact Storage Module 

I do not know if this has come up before. But a building that could store artifacts on a planet I think could be useful (of course if someone takes your planet they get anything stored there).

This could be an idea for planets that people are done with for any of the normal uses for a planet. Plus I do think there are some artifacts that you might want to keep around and not use up a cargo space (spares or something you just do not use often).

Fri May 28, 2010 4:41 pm

I agree, and posted something like that before. I'd LOVE to be able to store junk on planets. (resources, ship modules, artifacts whatever)

If I'm a galactic overlord with many worlds at my disposal it seems weird that I can't stick a suitcase full of pawlacite in a buddy's attic on the homeworld.

I know that it's a game and realism doesn't apply due to balancing issues, but I think it could work if there were some risk involved. For example, an invading ship can see a planets defense & resource structures. If somebody was looking for a planet to invade, they might choose the one with 4 storage facilities on it. In fact, a player might even colonize a useless planet, just to build it up as a warehouse.

It would also help to break the "standard" build of 4 decks + 1 cargo each rank.

Fri May 28, 2010 7:15 pm

after thinking about it... it could help alot. im not sure how that will mess with the current planet space scheme tho. because some modules are HUGE we could just simplify it by saying 1 item = 1 planet space. space on a planet is a premium, so only the best stuff will get stored like this. if the planet is invaded with that stuff on there it should be the spoils of war. as an added kicker... if the modules are more advanced than researched, let the winner use them... but don't let them repair it if it is broken without first researching the tech.

would be cool IF:
i could drop my energy modules off at a planet and pick up my cache ow weaponry when i go to battle.
i could store all that mission generated items i only use occasionally
there was a planet RAID feature where you can raid the cargo of a planet without invading it.

edit: when retrieving items, they should HAVE to go to cargo before being able to equip. and all items you send to a planet must be from cargo.

Fri May 28, 2010 9:35 pm

The mechanics of the game I am new to, but if you add basic protection (so only invading players ect... could take not some random NPC). 5 Spaces min though I would start it out at 11 personally. Just keep i mind the military support and food storage if this is a colony building it looking at the math there is about 15-16 people per space. So keep in mind the amount needed to keep it safe from something random game wise. !50 some people is about right to keep your artifact safe from NPC slip ups if you think about it. That is for 1 artifact.

Edit: But otherwise I would think you would need to hit a store command and it taken (well same to you) you would need to hit a command that shifts it back to cargo.

Sat May 29, 2010 1:24 am

I would think that it's best use would be for storing exotic matter. at my rank I have absolutely no use for it, but will then need it later in large amounts. (and wouldn't it be ironic to store exotic matter on an exotica planet even though there is no connection in production)

Sat May 29, 2010 3:21 pm

zophah wrote:
I would think that it's best use would be for storing exotic matter. at my rank I have absolutely no use for it, but will then need it later in large amounts. (and wouldn't it be ironic to store exotic matter on an exotica planet even though there is no connection in production)

exotic matter is so tiny that it only takes up a small amount of space points on the ship. offloading something huge like def modules, weapons, and reactors would be much more useful.

Sat May 29, 2010 4:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]