View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jun 12, 2024 5:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Really needed Changes please (input is welcomed) 

There are a few ideas and/or issues i would like to just be brought up in one post.. i know some of these (if not all) have been brought up in OTHER posts but it always seems someone posts about something and there's 2 or 3 posts about it then EVERYONE always goes off topic (myself included)

Please stay on topic PLEASE!

1) i understand the need of your artifacts storage is needed to be high so you can save up and risk getting BIG rewards or little ones... but since research is a major factor in this game i feel the storage that you can MAX hold should be higher... i do understand keeping it lower makes people have to get on more often.. but only getting 150 more research storage per level is ok until you get to higher levels and many more planets.... i don't want to say my stats (due to being attacked/invaded/hacked/betrayed) but to get my max research storage at my level it is not hard and since you can store SO much in artifacts AND very massive gas giants is MADE for a very good research planets, since RP is so important in this game, i think the storage should be more since some of the MOST common research planets are made to produce alot.

An Idea would be to either make a rare artifact that we can to to increase our RP storage (like cargo)

OR when the changed for the helmsman for attack and defense go into play have the amount of reserchers we have affect out storage or increase it

2) I know this isn't happening alot right now.. but you can only conquer an allready occupied planet once every 24 hours. But the only way to actually SEE how much time you have left is if you spend all your energy to get the population down enough to TRY and conquer... but in some cases it's a waste because it just says you have ## hours left.. so you have to wait for more energy.. and by the time you have enough the population has regrew and you have to do it all over again to see if the time is up.... could there be a timer placed somewhere WITHOUT attacking showing your invade cooldown time? or reduce the time? i'm up for whatever just be nice to know before you waste energy since it takes so lone to get it back.

3) with over 215K planets now ( i understand the need of that many due to amount of players) i think the scanning should be changed SOME to allow us to scan more planets) as of right now the playe5r that has SCANNED the most only has scanned 352 out of the 217210 available planets.. that mean he's only scanned (0.167%) of the ENTIRE galaxy, that's 1/6 of a percent..., and with more people joining the game it's going to add more planets meaning less % scanned... at this rate if we are at war with someone it is going to be REALLY hard to find new or certain enemy planets.... i just don't like the fact we can scan so FEW planets and i've said that in other posts... maybe have how our percent to find planets somehow releated to how many planets in the galaxy there are.. and NOT just by how many we've scanned and our scanning power ONLY? just an idea

4) like said in another post i like the idea of checkmarks by our minerals to select CERTAIN ones to sell instead of one-by-one or all at once

5) i know this is talked about ALOT + i have before and i know it's in the works.. but a way to HIDE our scanned planets so we don't have to search thru our bad ones all the time

6)A general Radar Building Idea to help with our scanning.. Much like our Stealth satellites to cloak... maybe make radar buildings for planets that take up ALOT of space but help us with our scanning for planets??? this would work in my opinion.. since the amount of planets we own are limited and (like our ships) it would make us have to spend, money/minerals, more and change out our stuff on the planets more often to give us more variety. Changes could be either instant increase to our scanning (which MIGHT be abused but make us spend more changing planets around, buy fast building, scanning then tearing down), or make it give us an hourly CHANCE to find a random planet so they would have to stay built for a CHANCE at finding one (so like making a recon planet of sorts).... that can go with a research level like the cloaking satellites do... level 1 radar 10 size +.5% to find a random planet per hour, level 2 radar 18 size +1% to find a random planet per hour, level 3 radar 24 size +1.5% to find a random planet per hour... This way they are large enough you can't just build MASSES of them and your smaller crappy planets can't be used JUST for scanning and it would give another planet use.. plus take up ALOT of space so you have to sacrifice mineral/artifact/research production in order to have a chance

more ideas i have later this is enough to discuss and ponder

Thu May 20, 2010 2:11 am

with regard to problem number 3:

If you can target someone you can usually hack them, and eventually you will get their planet locations. I've gotten 3 from 1 person. He deserved it (trust me) and its better than being on 60 other people's newsfeeds. It's time consuming but ultimately effective. Even if they're more powerful, you can still share their planets with your legion and if they're tasty then they will be destroyed and if they aren't tasty then they're usually undefended. I'm not sure if I understand the motivation for targeting people that you can't find on your newsfeed or the fight list. I'm still pretty low level so I imagine I wouldn't mind hacking some lower level's planets once i get a higher rank, but I don't know how the fight list looks like at higher ranks. I'm not a nice guy on these games and I'm pretty sure people like myself need to be kept in check and that there are some pretty good reasons things work the way they do

If you think the number of possible planets that you can scan isn't a big enough sample to get your fair share of some good ones then you might be right. I don't think anyone is going to disagree with that because we all want our own collection of dyson spheres. Unfortunately though, more will never be enough. 215k planets seems like a lot, but if it doesn't take up too much of GL's resources then maybe scanning power and galaxy size could be scaled up so we could run into more people... but then there would be even more unoccupied planets than before. People and planets don't necesarily go hand in hand. I think the ratio of colonized/unoccupied planets is kept constant and is what determines the galaxy size. It sounds like for what you want to happen to happen then the colonizing maximum would have to go up and costs of colonizing would have to go down and that would probably be unfair to a lot of people... somehow.

I'm not trying to shoot down the idea. I've had relatively good luck finding nice planets, but I'd like to see more interconnection in the game as well. Maybe that way more people could pick on the insanely high levels or at least have a chance to witness their power. It does seem like it would be difficult to implement though.

Thu May 20, 2010 3:24 am

I agree with topics 1 and 2

part one. I only agree with the OR part. if you earn a new shipmate that raises your research it should raise your max by 100

part two - it is annoying to try to remember when you last tried to invade. put all your artifacts to raise your abilities and go and invade and you still have 1 hour left

part three - you inputed new artifact to help people scan more so - leave this alone

part four - better things to spend your time on. its 5 minutes every 2 days out of peoples lives (it would be nice - but more pressing business)

part five - no need to comment, you've said you're working on it. and i know all here on this forums knows by now, when u say your doing something, it gets done.

part six - no comment

Thu May 20, 2010 5:24 am

I disagree with you on points 1 and 3. Research is hard to get, and it has to remain this way ... You are just not patient ... It takes time to get research up AND it takes time to get planets scanned ... I can bet than in 2 months someone will have scanned more than 1000 planets, so it will come ... slowly ... You tend to forget that there's more than 20k players, if each scans 10 planets = 200 000 planets scanned. I understand you want all your planets to be exotic / terra / Dyson ... but just forget it ...

Just adapt your strategy to what the game offers rather than have the game adapt to your strategy (which obviously you are not satisfied with right now).

point 2: well perhaps Dan will make the timer visible before invasion option

point 4 and 5: already discussed in other posts

point 6: No way ... you have 3 ways of getting new planets, just use them.

Thu May 20, 2010 8:20 am

again these are just ideas i've had... no need to be harsh :_(

Fri May 21, 2010 7:02 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]