View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 12:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Ideas for new battle market mods 

The first idea concerns a mod that gives a choice of varying bonuses that increase every hour (cap after a certain amount) and takes 0 decks. 0 decks because the mod would get transferred to the ship that disables and raids/hacks you next. The mod would just get passed around through many thousands of people as GL history has thought us that nobody is invincible. To make things more interesting, the mod would prevent you from using a halcyon (in case somebody would actually be able to hold it for 24 hrs straight) and be automatically distributed to somebody else. An achievement worth anywhere between 5 to 15 points could also come with it as a bonus.

The second idea is a battle market mod that would cost red badges and would use null fuses in your cargo automatically (would have to be loaded before pvp run, by this i mean you enter the amount of null fuses you want the mod to take from your cargo). Would be a size 5 mod and every time you hit a krio, the mod would dispense a null fuse automatically. I know some if not most people use 2 screens and/or tabs and would probably find this useless or say we can just use a few clicks and use the null ourselves, hence why it's a battle market mod, don't want it, don't get it.

Comments, suggestions, rants are greatly appreciated

Sat May 26, 2012 3:16 pm

Although it's a nice idea, I can just imagine everyone hunting this one guy with a mod :P, but eventually it would just be bounced back and forth by high rankers or stolen by some jackass who goes all out cloak.

Sat May 26, 2012 3:26 pm

true to a certain extent, but by the time somebody finds out who had the mod, it would already have been passed around multiple times. as for the cloak part, nobody can stay off the bt indefinitely and it would just reset after 24hr if somebody somehow managed to pull it off

Sat May 26, 2012 4:40 pm

First idea... A self imposed kick me sign eh?

Second idea... Killing people is so hard you need to autoload null fuses? I think you need to just practice a little bit. Stay on the Actions tab of your target. Trip KVT. Click Use Other Artifacts. Hit F3 (Ctrl+F) with "Null" pre-typed. Exit. Kill. Just a little bit of practice and you should be able to do this fairly effectively even against online players.

[20:40] Wredz: just hacked a massive extremely rich minting planet from someone.. thats the best planet i ever hacked
[20:43] DarthFlagitious: is it spearmint or peppermint?

Sat May 26, 2012 4:57 pm
Profile WWW

Makes pvp a little more interesting I believe and rewards those that actually partake in it. What's one extra death on the stat count really? Would-tie in with the disable and raid reward anyways.

Point taken for the 2nd idea. Its not that pvp is hard, but when you go on a decent pvp run of say 100 disables, it would just speed up things, which can't be a bad thing now can it?

Sat May 26, 2012 5:12 pm

+1 to the first idea - i especially like it for the disable OR hack - not sure how the raid would fit given someone would've taken it on the disable.

besides not being able to use a halc, i would suggest you could also balance it further by having the mod transferred to the victim if the owner attacks another player, hacks or raids. if the owner attacks a base, i would say that the 'modball' would be transferred randomly to a member of the opposing legion.

so, it's a game of tag / hide and seek - if you want to have the modball bonus, you can't make yourself a target.

Tag, I'm It !

Own the ModBall module for 24 consecutive hours.

Medal Points 10
Awards: Title: the Nimble

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Sat May 26, 2012 8:53 pm
Profile WWW

I think a capture the flag idea is good but anyone can lock the guy with it on the kill leader board might be a good way to go.

Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:53 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]