View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 01, 2024 4:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Artifact: Flux detector 

Here's an idea to improve defense measures / tactics for planets: The flux detector

It would work like a trap, you set it on a planet for 7 days for instance like regular traps, if another ship scans the planet when the flux detector is active, then you receive a warning log:

"Warning, planet XXXX has been scanned by another ship"

the rarity of the device would probably be quite high of course.

This way you can prepare some counter ... Cause currently the only way to know is to keep a list of your planets in a doc and flux probe then from time to time. I don't come by 12 flux probes/week :D for xx planets ...

Fri May 07, 2010 8:27 am

I think having to flux probe all the time is part of the game. Its supposed to be exciting in the fact that you never know if a noob is going to try to steal your planet. Yes it sucks but think of the abuse that could happen. "Tim Jones has scanned you planet". Oh heeeeeellllll no. /kill /kill /kill. etc. etc. Its suppose to be suspenseful as planets are not meant to be in a state of permanence.

Fri May 07, 2010 12:12 pm

Noah wrote:
I think having to flux probe all the time is part of the game. Its supposed to be exciting in the fact that you never know if a noob is going to try to steal your planet. Yes it sucks but think of the abuse that could happen. "Tim Jones has scanned you planet". Oh heeeeeellllll no. /kill /kill /kill. etc. etc. Its suppose to be suspenseful as planets are not meant to be in a state of permanence.

i agree. though i would like a dozen of them at any given time( because i own 10 planets), not having them adds to the suspense of the game of not knowing whats out there. it keeps you on edge and sharp. i keep certain resources at hand so im capable of an invasion to take it back, and hold it as long as i need to. having too many would be boring imo because the owner will always know if they need to defend or not. the fun part is the choice on what planet you want to defend (the more valuable, or more visible). i keep a minimum level of def on each planet(enough to stop low levels). one planet in particular i have ALOT more def on because it has been scanned many times(this one ill have a really hard time taking so i think its safe). i have used traps on it for a week and a half and so far its all quiet.

Fri May 07, 2010 1:00 pm

I didn't say it would be a common artifact. Plus I didn't say it would give the name of the guy who scanned.

And it's not ultimate in the way that if the guy who scanned is quick, then he has a chance to conquer straight away + fux you :)

(I did that recently so I know what I'm talking about ^^)

anyways, it's a suggestion ...

Fri May 07, 2010 3:51 pm

I like it, but only if we keep it limited, make it rare and not let it known who scanned it.

Fri May 07, 2010 4:09 pm

I don't see any issue with this, its a limited duration buff, and if its rare, your planet won't be covered all the time. I'm definitely on board with it remaining anonymous though.

Fri May 07, 2010 7:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]