View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 29, 2024 2:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Domestic overproduction? 

So I've been going through a pacifist phase where all I have been doing is energy research and I've been contemplating the planetary structure research I'll have to do. I have 630m credits and 200 kurenite piled up and I am using +5 buildings ATM. If I researched straight on till I got +10 buildings, it would take a week or two, but at that point, I would actually have the credits for a healthy start at the very least. The same would be true for +8 or maybe even +12, but then that would take a month or two to research. I'll have to go with +8 structures to maintain sanity, see actual returns sooner, and to skip at least one structure on the next upgrade. With how long most planet structures take to research, it seems like there is no end in sight to having extra credits unless one takes the time to research all the modules just to raise their upkeep. I'm having this problem with 20-25% mining.

The whole reason I started being somewhat of a pacifist was the thought that whatever raises my artifact/research production sooner would be better in the long run. I would be able to catch up on most other technologies with the snap of a finger, while retaining the extra production. Researching energy might lead to modules that take more upkeep but they have the opposite effect in the long run. So would planetary structures.

Basically I have a surplus of credits that I don't actually see an end to. I could research other modules but it would runt counter to my long-term production strategy. Research goes too slow compared to my income basically. I have 50% research. I have plans to research some stealth, shield and defense modules but not really anything that will significantly raise my upkeep.

Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:18 pm

Been in the same boat for a while I stopped 1/3rd of the way on the +5 planet buildsings. To give better modules so I can be more battle ready. Right now I am taking a break still from buildings to push energy and add more options to everything else. Then ill go back and push buildings (which might be very soon).

But for now it means I can colonize a planet and build the best of what I got and be done. Got enough extra not to care to much credit wise. Given that I make about 2-3mill a day and my upkeep is only 15x k a day.

Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:23 pm

I have good enough weapons to where the lower level NPC's are much more annoying than the higher level ones. I've been looking forward to researching stealth enough to where the satellites actually cost a lot, but that works about the same way as planetary structures in terms of a money sink. I probably wouldn't have enough stealth modules equipped to raise my upkeep by any substantial amount. Basically I'm planning to not settle any mining planets for quite a while and research planets seem like the best way to get rid of credits. I'm kind of wanting to hear how this all might balance out from someone who's ridiculously higher level who took a more pacifist strategy. It wouldn't really matter if structures cost billions of credits if it takes me months to research them.

Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:39 pm

you'll need more than 2 weeks to get to +10 buildings. They are currently the biggest production buildings available in the game right now. But further tech migh be implemented by Dan I guess, so ftm, no +12 buildings.

Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:25 am

Yeah I think I meant to subtract 2 from everything I said. +8 would take two weeks and +10 would take two months and +12 doesn't exist. I think I'll just get +8 structures and start actually playing the game again. Odds are +12 structures would exist by the time I got +10 structures anyways. Maybe I can skip +10's... like a year from now.

Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:56 am

Heh, go very heavy on research is not only way to increase your output. Artifact production helps alot too. It gives lot of planetary related improvements plus strengthen your ship at the same time that enables you to fight NPCs easier. I love to farm NPCs for awesome vaults that gives 8 hours worth of production. I got 24k RP and 20 K AP and 10k worth of minerals per vault. Also, there are much more NPC related missions that really increases your production ability. There is one awesome mission that can give total 230 scientists (23 scientists per mission 10 times). Etc.. Find the balance can maximize the return.. I have almost all of my planets maxed out with planetary artifacts thanks to high artifact production for example that really helps boosting the production rate and also got many terraformers too to increase production output.. Artifact production focus on increasing your efficiency level. I would suggest you to focus on both production path and find good balance.. But of course, don't forget about mining too much cuz you'll need it down the road especially exotic matters and credits to support your high tech items..

Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]