View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 01, 2024 2:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Finding The Random Ships 

Hey Dan,
This isn't so much a strategy plan as much as it is actually a request. I also admit it might be in the wrong spot (maybe ideas and suggestions would be better). In any case, I just wanted to thank you for the great addition of NPC ships to hunt down. However, for the new mission, I have found it very hard to get even one piece of debris to attempt it. I know you said the appearance was random, but with the loot drop being random too, I haven't gotten much at all. Others have mentioned the luck factor in this game. Maybe it's just my turn to hit a bad run. I would be interested in knowing if other people have had trouble getting the piece.

My request would be to increase their rate of appearing or lengthen the mission (yes, I know it's two weeks already, and yes I know it is a tremendous xp pay out... 5 energy for 65 xp is very, very generous.... so I know it should be hard, but still).

Oh, and for the record, I am a lvl 74 balanced build. I have both decent scanning (Subspace Sensor-Mark3) and decent cloaking (Wideban Jammer-Mark3 plus 2 Zolazin Jammers). Once I find a Zolazin ship, I have the firepower (got those great +95 cannons from the weapons locker!), defense, and energy modules to take one down without using a refil. After all that, to not get a debris is kinda frustrating.

Am I alone in this? If so, I will man up. If not, please hear my lowly request O Great One!

p.s.- would also be happy if you made me luckier with the ladies on campus :lol:

Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:22 pm

refill what? because something like hull is simply just getting more hull modules, as for energy always have maxed out cores. and your best relays. If your still having problems getting more then one ship down due to energy costs, you gotta focus more research into energy.

As for ladies on campus, look like solid snake or chuck norris.

Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:31 pm

All Zolazin ships should be dropping 1 debris. If you disabled one and did NOT get a debris, please contact me using the normal channels so it can be looked into.

Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:42 pm

Dan, I will double check my cargo bay, but I destroyed 2 and didn't get any.

Cothordin, by "refil" I ment, I could take one out without having to repair hulls or run out of energy during the fight. I don't have to refil.

Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:02 am

OMG! I looked in cargo bay and there sat one! LOLOL. Thanks for the fast reply. What is the appearence rate of the ship though? Random 25%? 50%? And how does the scanning effect it? Oh, what can you do about my love life? :D

Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:07 am

Debris are found in the trade section "special" near exotic matter :)

Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:37 am

Just wanted to post an update and a thanks. First, I have completed the mission all 3 times and used the devise once... so clearly there was enough time to get them done. Second, since the developers tend to hear more complaints than appreciation, I wanted to acknowledge that they were right in their preparation and planning of this mission. This game is quickly begining to rival Castle Age for my favorite FaceBook App!

Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:31 am

zippinthruspace wrote:
Hey Dan,
This isn't so much a strategy plan as much as it is actually a request. I also admit it might be in the wrong spot (maybe ideas and suggestions would be better). In any case, I just wanted to thank you for the great addition of NPC ships to hunt down. However, for the new mission, I have found it very hard to get even one piece of debris to attempt it. I know you said the appearance was random, but with the loot drop being random too, I haven't gotten much at all. Others have mentioned the luck factor in this game. Maybe it's just my turn to hit a bad run. I would be interested in knowing if other people have had trouble getting the piece.

My request would be to increase their rate of appearing or lengthen the mission (yes, I know it's two weeks already, and yes I know it is a tremendous xp pay out... 5 energy for 65 xp is very, very generous.... so I know it should be hard, but still).

Oh, and for the record, I am a lvl 74 balanced build. I have both decent scanning (Subspace Sensor-Mark3) and decent cloaking (Wideban Jammer-Mark3 plus 2 Zolazin Jammers). Once I find a Zolazin ship, I have the firepower (got those great +95 cannons from the weapons locker!), defense, and energy modules to take one down without using a refil. After all that, to not get a debris is kinda frustrating.

Am I alone in this? If so, I will man up. If not, please hear my lowly request O Great One!

p.s.- would also be happy if you made me luckier with the ladies on campus :lol:

What are the specifications of the + 95 cannons from the weapons locker, how much attack & how much space do they take ?

Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:00 pm

integrityseeks wrote:
What are the specifications of the + 95 cannons from the weapons locker, how much attack & how much space do they take ?

Galaxy Legion's Weapons page

Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:13 pm

ODragon wrote:
integrityseeks wrote:

Unless I missed something, the Weapons Locker isn't listed there.

Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:25 am

integrityseeks wrote:
ODragon wrote:
integrityseeks wrote:

Unless I missed something, the Weapons Locker isn't listed there.

You did miss something. The weapons locker (as far as I know), only gives you normal weapons you could research. So if he got a +95 weapon, look at the wiki and figure out which one it gave him.

Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:49 am

It is a graviton shearer he got. The weapons locker gives you a random weapon based on rank.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9503 The 1.8 Adventure Update thread

Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:55 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]