View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 9:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Aggross's Game Guide 

oh, MY mistake then.. I haven't got any irradiated planets that are under 18.. and its been a long time since i read the description. I apologize.

Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:00 pm

nope, toxic purifiers only work on Toxics, but the irradiate artifact is limited, I mean tot indicate I would make the maximum # of Irradiated planets by upgrading toxics to 16x before I irradiated them, sorry it was a bit confusing how I worded it.

-Q

When a man of genius speaks, a confederacy of dunces swells up to denounce him. -Jonathan Swift

Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:51 pm

icarium81 wrote:
you're mistaken, you can NOT use the purifier on anything other then toxic planets.
I've tried with using volcanic only artis on my crystals, and most of the other planet specific artis on their upgraded counterparts, all to no avail.

I stand corrected, as Q^3 has now clarified the matter. But if you were going to try to use a volcanic artifact on an upgraded planet, wouldn't you choose a demon instead of a crystal (IIRC crystals start out as deserts)?

Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:45 pm

whatever planet it is that is the upgraded version... I'm not checking the wiki every time I post. you go take a look and get back to me.
As far as I recall, you CAN'T use those artis on the 'base' planets, after their upgraded.

Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:47 pm

As I said before, the artifact description (when you hover over the item) for Toxic Purifiers states they work on irradiated and toxic planets. Not that it makes much sense to not max out the toxic before you irradiate it, but Toxic purifiers work on both toxic and irradiated planets, no other artifact that is planet type dependent works on the upgraded version of that planet.

Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:36 pm

ajax77777 wrote:
As I said before, the artifact description (when you hover over the item) for Toxic Purifiers states they work on irradiated and toxic planets. Not that it makes much sense to not max out the toxic before you irradiate it, but Toxic purifiers work on both toxic and irradiated planets, no other artifact that is planet type dependent works on the upgraded version of that planet.

I've never noticed that sort of text on the toxic purifiers, it would have had to have been added in after they came out, and I don;t have one right now to check the veracity of that statement.

That said it would be in your best interest to use the Toxic Purifiers BEFORE you irradiate, since Irradiation allows you to reach L18 Minerals, while waiting until after you irradiate will only allow you to reach L16 max.

When a man of genius speaks, a confederacy of dunces swells up to denounce him. -Jonathan Swift

Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:55 pm

just looked at a purifier, yes that is what it says (toxic OR irradiated)

OFFICER:STORMKYN ALLIANCE

Current Rank: 800 +

Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:01 pm

his description is correct. I found a blade harvester the next day and checked the description.
without checking wiki.. to irradiate a planet.. im guessing its part of the chain AFTER crystallizers?

Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:01 pm

icarium81 wrote:
his description is correct. I found a blade harvester the next day and checked the description.
without checking wiki.. to irradiate a planet.. im guessing its part of the chain AFTER crystallizers?

Yes, and you have to hunt NPCs (#$&*@ of a def) to gain the 20 Parts required per completions (15 Total)

Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 pm

QCubed wrote:
The best you can MAKE a planet that is NOT a Dyson is 33x Mineral, 37x Artifact, 38x Research.

Thanks to the Trellith Resequencers, now (in theory) the best you can make is a 37x Mineral, 37x Artifact, 43x Research... if you can find someone willing to sell you the resequencers :)

In practice, I think the best option would be using a 3x Mega Rich Terra planet of any size as starting point, with 12x terraformers, 5x Resequencers - Gaia Seed - Rift fissuron. You'd get a 37x Artifact planet with decent mining and research values (depending on starting points obviously).

Using any other kind of planet would take some more terraformers / purifiers etc, so using a terra seems the most efficient way to go.

Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:43 pm

Sharnhorst wrote:
QCubed wrote:
The best you can MAKE a planet that is NOT a Dyson is 33x Mineral, 37x Artifact, 38x Research.

Thanks to the Trellith Resequencers, now (in theory) the best you can make is a 37x Mineral, 37x Artifact, 43x Research... if you can find someone willing to sell you the resequencers :)

In practice, I think the best option would be using a 3x Mega Rich Terra planet of any size as starting point, with 12x terraformers, 5x Resequencers - Gaia Seed - Rift fissuron. You'd get a 37x Artifact planet with decent mining and research values (depending on starting points obviously).

Using any other kind of planet would take some more terraformers / purifiers etc, so using a terra seems the most efficient way to go.

actually I think for AP planets deserts make more sense, crystallize and then fission, but I used all my gaia seeds as a newb, so I am bias towards what i have saved up

Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:11 am

Last edited by vickersja on Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:45 pm

RACES - Aerlen - 20% extra ship defense -actually its 30% :)

Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:12 pm

Thank you for this. I just did a reset and am following it.

Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:17 pm

correction, hacker has 30% bonus

Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:28 pm

Fixer professions give ya 30% hull not 20%, and highest size a planet can have is mega colossal from what i know.

Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:19 pm

Awesome guide man :)

Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:38 pm

People, please keep in mind that this guide is outdated.

Golgotha wrote:
its the attitude of being willing to take on the shark with the right harpoon that sets you above most

Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:34 pm
Profile WWW

Read this or this

Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:38 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4